Friday, August 12, 2016

Spiralizer...little gadget with a big punch!

Wow! Where do I begin?!

Ok, so my first impression was a little iffy. The materials are very light weight, both the spiralizer and the peeler. However, never judge a book by its cover. This spiralizer and peeler are powerhouses!



1) The plastic may be light, but it is sturdy. I'm a natural clutz, so I've already dropped it (not even on purpose) and there are no cracks.
2) Beware the blades...they are incredibly sharp! They cut carrots and zucchini like a knife thru butter. There is an enclosed cap to put on the end of whatever you are spiralizing once it gets close to the device. USE IT! I thought I had a few turns left before I was going to need it, I was wrong. Knicked the tip of my finger so quick. My fault, not theirs...they provided the cap and I didn't use it soon enough.
3) Three sides, three blades. The flat blade, I think, will be great for making faux lasagna noodles from zucchini or apple curls foe pie. The "julienne" blades function the same, they are just two different sizes. If you are going to cook whatever you are spiralizing, I would suggest the larger julienne blade. The smaller one is perfect for keeping raw veggies small enough to eat comfortably.


4) The spiralizer is very simple and easy to use. Insert veggie and begin turning like a pencil in a sharpener. It doesn't take much pressure; so even if you have arthritis, it's still easy to use.
5) Extremely easy to clean, especially with the enclosed pipe cleaner type brush. Again, beware the blades!
6) The peeler takes a little getting use to. We have just a regular vertical peeler....the ones that have been around forever. This being a horizontal peeler means you have to hold both the peeler and whatever is being peeled in a different manner. Once we got the hang of it, it was actually a lot faster than the old peeler.


All-in-all, this is a great product package.

Check it out at the following link.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FTO6DIO/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

*Discounted product provided for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment