Monday, August 29, 2016

Minimal lifting gloves, big impact

If you've shopped for lifting gloves in the past year or so, you've seen advertisements for these. Tiny grip gloves that cover just the part where callouses form from lifting. They give you the necessary grip without adding bulk. I've been testing these tiny little things out for a while now, and I'm surprised how much I like them. Here's what I think.

1) Talk about tiny! I have small hands (think size 6 ring) and they still looked tiny next to and on my hand. I thought, "No way these are going to work." Well, I was wrong!

2) These perfectly cover all the necessary areas. The minimal padding that covers the callous areas is just enough to prevent callous build-up. The finger holes rest nicely below the middle knuckle of the fingers.
3) At first they felt like they weren't sitting correctly. However, the more you wear them the more they settle into place. The finger holes have yet to get stretched out like other gloves I have used - which stretch out in a week and end up rolling.

4) The grip dots work well. None of them have fallen off yet, even thru 3 washes and countless workouts.

I'm reserving the 5th star to see how long these gloves last. I usually go thru gloves at a rate of one set a month - either the gloves stretch out and become too big or the seams rip out. I'm hoping these last longer than that because I love the minimalist feel of them.

Check them out for yourself at:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GJ3RQMG/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

*Discounted product provided for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment