Sunday, August 21, 2016

New believer of yoga socks!

Yoga socks are a new thing for me. I do yoga at home, so I was just going barefoot. I learned that if I vacuumed before doing yoga on my hardwood floors that my grip would be fine. However, there were days I just didn't feel like vacuuming and I would slip all over the place...eventually giving up using the floor as an excuse. (Side note: I vacuum twice a day but with a husband, 2 kids, and a dog it's a neverending task...lol!)

These socks have become my "no excuses" socks! I now don't have to wake up and vacuum immediately just to get my yoga in! My philosophy is exercise before your brain wakes up enough to know what you're doing, and now I can.

Here's what you need to know.
1) They fit snuggly. Not the cut your circulation off snug; but the stay in place, no need to stop your workout snug. All of the creases line up perfectly so you're not dealing with seams in uncomfortable places.

2) I have used these for about a week and washed them 3 times. The color has not bled, and none of the traction dots have loosened or fallen off. It may be my imagination, but I think the traction is better now than straight out of the package.
3) The message on the top seemed superfluous at first. However, toward the end of a session, it helps to have the little reminder to just breathe. It's also a reminder for me that yoga is supposed to be relaxing even though I feel like dying by the end...lol!

4) Super soft! Through sweat and multiple washings, these socks are still baby soft. If I had a blanket of this material I'd never get out of bed!

Maybe now that I have the socks I'll be brave and go to an actual yoga class. But until then, they are will remain my "no excuses" yoga at home favorite accessory.

Check them out at:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HE724W8/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

*Discounted product provided for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment