Monday, August 15, 2016

Gator USB - good and bad but usable

Not all USB charging cables are created equal. It is sometimes difficult to find a cord that meets all of one's needs. For me, I need a cord that charges quickly, is long enough to not keep me tied to an outlet, and is rugged enough to handle being wrapped and tugged on (because let's face it, cords normally fray long before they wear out).

1) The cord does not charge very fast. I ran my phone dead before plugging this cord in, and it took 2 1/2 hours to get a full charge. I found this unusual, so I tried a different USB charging box for the next test. Again, it took just as long.

2) I knew when I selected this cord that it was on the shorter side. But I decided in this instance, if it was a good cord, that I would use it in my vehicle. The shorter cord is perfect for vehicle use so that there isn't an abundance of cord hanging all over the place.

3) This cord is definitely rugged. The "gator skin" material is quite think and protects the cord nicely. I wish there was a little more reinforcement where the cable goes into the USB ends as this is the place most likely to break first.

All-in-all, this is a solid cord. It will definitely be relegated to my truck for use charging my headphones. The lengthy charge time won't matter as much because I can just hook the headphones up after the gym in the morning and they'll be ready the following day.

Check it out for yourself at:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GSDWHXK/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

*Discounted product provided for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment