Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Holds big phones with ease

I'm more of a waistbelt person during exercise sessions because I don't like having my arm muscles compressed while I workout. I do, however, wear an armband around my ankle when doing ruck marches. And my husband loves using an armband no matter what the situation. So, I thought this armband would be perfect for my husband and I to share because it comes with an extender. I wanted to be in love with this armband, but unfortunately I'm slightly disappointed. Let's hit the points, good to bad.

1) As advertised, the phone/iPod compartment is extremely roomy! The hubby has a Galaxy S6 with an Otterbox case and there was still room or it to move around the compartment. I don't know anyone with a bigger phone or I'd have tried it out. My guess is that even a bigger Galaxy Note would fit.
2) Even though the phone wasn't tight in the case, it was still easy to operate the screen. I was afraid with it not being tight that the loose plastic covering would affect touch functions.
3) The neoprene compartment and strap material made for a nice stretch and a comfortable fit. Easy to slide the phone in and out and easy to get the strap pulled tight.
4) The hubby was sweating pretty hard during his workout. The neoprene absorbed it and kept his phone dry. It also absorbed the sweat enough that the band did not slide.
5) And finally, the only reason for the missing 5th star was for the velcro. While there was a significantly long portion of the soft side of the velcro, the abrasive side is only slightly bigger than a quarter. Any significant flexing of the arm muscle pops the velcro loose. Even the included extender has the minimal abrasive side of the velcro. Having to stop every set to refasten the velcro is irritating and a diversion during a workout. I'll be on the lookout for a different armband for the hubby and this one will become mine to use around my ankle.



*Discounted product provided for honest review.

Check it out for yourself at the following address

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NO3ZE4M/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No comments:

Post a Comment