Saturday, August 13, 2016

Resistance bands...you need them in your life!!

I'm kind of a fitness junkie. Not the completely obsessed spend half a day in the gym junkie, but the obsessed with making workouts fun and different junkie. These bands seemed like a great alternative to the weights and machines at the gym, and they are!

1) Big things come in small packages! These bands are about the same thickness as 5 sheets of paper stacked together. This fact made me a little weary at first; I was afraid if I stretched them too far that they would snap. As you can see from the pic, you can stretch the bands pretty far with no tears or snaps.

2) 5 bands means 5 different resistances. The different resistances allow you to switch bands as needed depending on strength level and body part being worked. I personally think the red and yellow bands are a little weak for me. However, I have found that combining the blue with the yellow and the green with the red creates a resistance similar to the black.
3) They come in a great carrying bag that's smaller than a cellphone! I'm not talking a tight fit either. Roll them up and shove them in - plenty of space left in the bag for me to store 2 sets of earbuds!
4) Because these bands are so small and easy to use, using them at home when you can't make it to the gym is a perfect way to get in a great workout. Especially great to toss in your luggage if you're traveling! Do what I do and use the Internet to find hundreds of ways to use these awesome bands. My favorite resource is Pinterest!
5) Great for stretching as well! For example, if you can't reach for your toes but have a need to stretch your calves, use the band to pull. Search the internet for proper stretching techniques so you don't hurt yourself!

The possibilities for these little bands is endless. Invest in them and you won't be sorry!


Check them out at the following link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00R4E4GZK/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

*Discounted product provided for honest review.

1 comment:

  1. I've used resistance bands at random points in my life when I needed a bit extra motivation to continue a fitness regimen. They've never failed to do good for me. I just wanted to point out one of the important aspects of them which was correctly mentioned in the article. Make sure they are STRONG enough to actually resist things.

    ReplyDelete