Sunday, September 25, 2016

Telescopic roasting skewers...perfect for home or on the go!


I was a little apprehensive that these were telescopic, but I got them anyway because we needed something portable. The roasting sticks we use now are actually our shish-kabob skewers and aren't great for hauling around or storing in the kitchen. These little sticks are great!

1) As you can see from my pic, they double in length! This is great for keeping little ones out of the flames while still being able to roast like us big kids.

2) I worried the telescoping would make the roasters weak, but it doesn't. I test drove roasting two hotdogs on one roaster - no bending or breaking.
3) Clean-up was a breeze. The sticky from the marshmallow came off easily with soap and water, no real scrubbing. Even the char from having them in the fire longer to roast the hotdogs came right off.
4) The included "wood skewers" are your basic wooden shish-kabob skewers. They are in my drawer until we make a tier cake that needs stability.
5) The carry bag is what makes this set for me. Not only are the roasters not rolling around my kitchen drawer, but I can also snag them and go when we are headed camping or to a friend's house.
6) PSA - A) The tines are extremely sharp. I assisted my kiddos and still managed to poke myself. B) The handles are wood. Don't get them too close to the flames or its bye bye roaster!

Check them out at:
http://www.amazon.com/Marshmallow-Roasting-Bamboo-Sticks-Friendly/dp/B01DYWG03G

*Discounted product provided for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment